Friday, September 20, 2013

Art Discussion

The suggested topic at our weekly art breakfast meeting was 'Art-related pet peeves'.... (I bet you have a few of your own)! The painting above is a small practice piece that I took in. I wasn't peeved about it (but come to think of it, it could have been photographed better).

To see what everyone else brought.....(and read was irks the artists).....go HERE

(It's entertaining for us to see the work brought in. Paintings get passed to everyone..so we can see the brushwork). 

(Top Photo) Practice painting, Celeste Bergin, Field, oil on 6x6 canvas panel)

8 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Love seeing your brush strokes in this painting. Beautiful!

Libby Fife said...

Well, I enjoyed the O'Connors discussion so thank you. I liked the comment about being humble. Amen to that! I have dealt with some egotistical people lately:( And I liked the comment about copying someone else's style. Too true right?

Another great day! Thank you:)

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Great colors and a wonderful active surface. You get it right every time.
Enjoyed reading the pet peeves. I agree about plein air looking the same. I attended a show with some of the big boys painting and was horrified to find I could not tell who painted what if I had not seen them during the day. All using basically the same colors and painting the same views. All good paintings though. A real eye opener for individual viewpoints at least.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Hah! I'm guessing that group wouldn't think too highly of me since I manage to do at least half of those things that peeve people. LOL Loved seeing everybody's work and always love your work, Celeste.

Page Railsback said...

Luscious painting..love the sky/sea against the green..really nice and painterly

hw (hallie) farber said...

It is a luscious painting! I'm sure your talk was great and I look forward to your next meeting discussion--messy or neat.

hmuxo said...

SO PAINTERLY! Love this painting, Celeste!!!

Carol Hopper said...

I am so glad you weren't peeved about this piece as I find it very inspirational. It is strong, simple, and compositionally perfect. Now I have to go back and get rid of a couple of mine as just looking at this awesome little gem made me see how I need to improve!