Friday, September 13, 2013

Art that I own....I'm a collector!

It's Friday the 13th, but it is my lucky day---  Today I have acquired this fantastic Oleg Ulitskiy plein air painting. (It was painted last year in Astoria). 

Oleg is one of my all-time favorite artists and I presume you can see why! (I asked him if I could paint with him one day and he said 'Mayyybee'! (Read that in a deep Russian voice).  It would be so much fun to watch something like this emerge from nothing but a blank canvas and a bit of paint! (GEEEEZ).

(I'll be updating my 'collector' post with this in the near future).

(Bottom photo) Painting: Oleg Ulitskiy, Docked in Astoria, oil on 16x12 canvas

10 comments:

Victoria Lindstrom said...

Congratulations on your new painting, Celeste. Oleg is one of my favorite painters too. That nautical piece is awesome!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Oh my word, Celeste! That is an awesome painting. I am very envious!

CrimsonLeaves said...

No offense to Oleg, but I sure like my ship painting you did much more! LOL Still, it is always such a joy to have one of your favorite artist's work!

Libby Fife said...

Lucky girl! Very fun to buy something from someone you admire.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting! Yep, the 13th is your lucky day!!

Celeste Bergin said...

Sherry....that is so funny that you think I can paint a boat as well as Oleg. You should have your eyes examined! haha!! I could paint boats from here to eternity ...and never paint a one as awesome as his. ....But thanks, for the nice comment :) :)

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ

Karen Boe said...

Congrats - what a score!

David Starr said...

I am a big admirer of Oleg Ulitsky. I have seen his work in person. First rate! You are indeed lucky! Wow!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Love this post, what a great idea to show what artists, another artists likes to collect! Congrats on your new acquisition!