Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday!

Just for fun I glazed this small study with Cadmium Greeen. 

Here is the (dry) value study.

I pushed around Cad Green in a slurry of Galkyd light....and then lightly wiped it off with a paper towel.

I liked how the old textures came through....it  certainly looks altogether different from how it looked as a value study.

Today is (Grandson) Tristan's birthday (the strapping young lad on the left).These fellows on the couch have known each other since they were in third grade. I loved how they so easily shared a hug. It was such a cute scene.....I had to share it with you.

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Green experiment, oil on 5x5 stretched canvas


11 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Thank u for sharing the info and a nice video!!!
Cheers, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

Absolutely love the textures in this one. Did you use a paste to build it up prior to painting? Too, I think it is a cool drink of water (my first thought when I saw it in my thumbnail). Really beautiful and a technique I'd love to see you do again one of these days!

CrimsonLeaves said...

P. S. Happy birthday to your grandson too!

Dan Kent said...

Fabulous! Love the result! Your grandson reminds me of my soon and his two best buddies from elementary through high school. He its now in grad school and they are all still very close.

Celeste Bergin said...

Hi Sherry, no there is no paste involved...the texture is just from oil paint --put down in a textural way :)

Candace X. Moore said...

Grandmother?...no way. You must have been a child bride :o)

I love the space in this painting, it's something you do so well. Reminds me of one of Monet's House of Parliament paintings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houses_of_Parliament_series_%28Monet%29). Beautiful atmosphere.

And I appreciate your experimental side. I always take something away from my visits with you. Thanks, Celeste.

Dean H. said...

You really advanced the value study into a great little painting, Celeste!!! The green is wonderful!

Belated Happy B Day to the Grandson!!

Polly Birchall said...

Interesting effect with your painting, and how small it is. Lovely. Enjoyed the video

Page Railsback said...

Love what you are doing..very interesting texture and feeling. Surprised you have a grandson so old!!!!! Goodness! Very cute

Sheryl Anthony said...

that is a big change--just with one color? I will try this!

Page Railsback said...

Congratulations..The show looks beautiful..love the beautiful sky painting