Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday!

Beginning October 3, with a reception on Friday October 4, I'll have paintings on display in Lane Gallery's Elle Est Exhibit. 

Remember the worried woman I saw and sketched a while back? I am happy to report that I saw her again recently .....and now she is all happy! (Feelings can be very --------transitory). 

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, At the Vanity, oil on 12x9 canvas panel (framed)
(Bottom Photo) Sketch: Celeste Bergin, On the phone, pencil in 6x9 sketchbook

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I sure love that 'bad' feelings can be transitory, that is for sure!! So...you ran into her at McDonalds? I think you and I would get along famously in real life! LOL Love the painting, so moody...your show will be terrific!

hmuxo said...

At the Vanity is a fantastic painting, Celeste...how I wish I can visit the gallery! The best of luck with it...and of course, wonderful sketch.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Gorgeous lighting and so beautifully painted. I think you capture a pose so well, Celeste.
Wish I could be at the reception.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Lovely painting!

Carol Hopper said...

Someday I will be there at any reception because you work is so compelling! This pose is unique.

Page Railsback said...

This is a masterful piece Celeste. This is very moving and beautiful..reminds me of Andrew Wyeth..Helga series..more of this..you excel here..beautiful

David Starr said...

Nice! such good light

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste. love the step by step progression, and end result! Beautiful work, and great job recycling!