Saturday, October 12, 2013

Everything is.......

I had a dream recently. In it my arms were linked with others....and a voice clearly said "Everything is....... Relationship." When I woke from the dream I realized how true are those words! What would life be without our wonderful families, friends and even our pets. Then I thought further... about how Everything is Relationship applies to painting too. (I'm not the first to say it)!  Without the correct relationships (the colors and values placed next to one another)...the painting won't work (at least, representationally). Once a painter understands relationship... things start falling into place.

Well, that's all I have to say today---except, thanks, dear reader, for OUR 'relationship'. Your color and value sits just right next to mine!

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Still life, oil on 12x16 gessoed paper

14 comments:

Mary Jane Muir said...

We are celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend. I do believe we are all connected in this world one way or another and I'd like to say thank for your beautiful blog and the way you have shared your art and your thoughts with others beyond your circle.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Beautiful painting and meaningful words. Thank YOU Celeste for the pleasure you bring into my world.

zooperson said...

What a lovely painting.

Polly Birchall said...

I find those words are true, and love my new connections on the internet, from all over the world. My little world is connected to yours, and so on. Great painting by the way.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Well said and how true.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Sincerely,
Gary.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Love the shine on that vase, Celeste!! I wish I dreamt so philosophically! LOL My dreams are scary at times and nonsensical and out of nowhere at best.

Libby Fife said...

How wonderfully true!:):):)

hmuxo said...

Such a nice post, Celeste and LOVE the looseness in this painting...

Carol Hopper said...

I agree with you completely. You were "gifted" with that dream and with your ability to incorporate that knowledge with your blog. Your painting is lovely. Today I especially like your soft edges.

Page Railsback said...

BEAUTIFUL PAINTING CELESTE..I SO APPRECIATE OUR RELATIONSHIP, YOUR SUPPORT OF MY WORK AND OBSERVING YOUR PROCESS IN YOUR PAINTING JOURNEY . THANKS FOR THIS RELATIONSHIP

PAMO said...

A beautiful painting and a beautiful lovely sentiment. You are right- everything is relationship. Powerful stuff.

Karen Boe said...

Those reds against the soft violets and warm grays made me click. Such soft edges here but great contrast too in your use of color. A dream realized! ;)

mary maxam said...

Great post and well said! You are correct and it is a good reminder. I love the relationships of color and rounded shapes in this painting.

Dan Kent said...

Thank you, Celeste. You have long been my center and inspiration online. I value our relationship.