Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday!

This Sargent sketch was so fun...I'm thinking of doing a painting version of it. 

Here I am sharing my corner "sketch station" with Mufasa. 

Earlier today Dave and I walked to Montavilla. Here he is taking a photo of a glove stuck on a stick in a yard.

Here's my Spitfire friend that I visit whenever we walk to Montavilla...  She's very much like my beloved Spitfire**. 

 (**'Honey' in her toasty dry garage...waiting for Summer!) I love her like a person!



8 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I always enjoy seeing your Sargent sketches. Your photos are fun, too. Honey is a beautiful car with a personality that you could capture in paint!

Karen Boe said...

Echoing what Linda said, another awesome Sargent study and hey, have you ever painted that cute blue car? If not you should...

hmuxo said...

This one is a favorite of your Sargent paintings...Excellent piece!!

Polly Birchall said...

Spitfire and Sargent. The two go together somehow. The sketch is really beautiful and it's nice to see your sketching corner. ps I love your designer top.

Libby Fife said...

You have a nice sketching station there. What a great resource too that Sargent book has become.

Always nice to go for a neighborhood stroll with you:)

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh how beautiful! It makes me think of the late 1800's and early 1900's when women had to work so very hard to take care of their families. Makes me think of the Ashcan art too. I love it! Your hair cut is so cute!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

That is one great drawing, Celeste! You definitely have sold me on trying this. I just need a big Sargent book.

mary maxam said...

Oh yes, do paint her! She is beautiful. And so it the blue spitfire