Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday!

This is a value study that I painted today with Ultramarine blue, transparent red oxide and white. I might do a color version next. I like how it turned out. 

Today was the last day to see the Lucinda Parker show at the Laura Russo Gallery. The paintings look absolutely great in such a beautiful space.

...and it's fairly impossible to resist sitting on the center bench.....(a perfect place to quietly take in the colors and shapes). 

(Top Photo) Oil sketch, Celeste Bergin, value study, oil on 9x12 canvas panel


10 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I think the painting is gorgeous, Celeste. Sometimes black & white pieces really draw me in. I think it is because I do not see too many paintings done that way. That gallery is indeed gorgeous!

Carol Hopper said...

Today you gave us a window into your life just a little bit more. I know you now, yes I do. What type of pencil/charcoal do you use in your sketches?

Hugs…you are my first written-down-in-my-appreciation-journal today.

Libby Fife said...

You are one lucky gal! I really like Lucinda's work after having seen a segment of her art on OPB. She has such a dynamic way of approaching her work. And that looks like a great exhibit.

Helen Moreda said...

It might be a value study, but how powerful. Full of emotion. I love it.

Sheryl Anthony said...

That gallery looks really beautiful. Your painting does too. I don't think color can improve it.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the galley! Love the photo of you sitting on the bench! Good for you!
I love this painting! Atmosphere is "out of sight!"
Beautiful!
Enjoy!
Michael

Linda Popple said...

Yep, it's another gorgeous painting!!

Margaret M. Lin said...

Beautiful painting, with your wonderful flair for atmosphere.

mary maxam said...

I agree with Crimson, the painting is gorgeous!and, I also think the bottom photo with the center bench would make a fabulous painting and different view on a "gallery painting".

hmuxo said...

This is so beautiful, Celeste! I love the black and white version..