Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday....(and an 'art tip')!

I'm just using color notes here for this oil study... and I'm thinking of painting something along these lines on a bigger canvas. The close values in the foreground and the complimentary colors (violet and yellow) show promise!

I wonder who told me about cleaning a glass palette with denatured alcohol. Was it Tim Young? Well, whoever it was...Thank you! It works like magic. Yes, it cuts the cleaning time in half.

Here are mah katz and I taking a cozy siesta on the green chair. (You know...this is a situation that I deem pretty 'bloggable').

(Top Photo) Oil study, Celeste Bergin, Sunset on the river, oil on 5x5 canvas panel

13 comments:

mary maxam said...

Oh yes! Another beauty that would be particularly good in a big format.Thanks for the tip!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Great now and will be on a larger scale!
Love the photo also!
Michael

Carol Hopper said...

I love that you share about yourself. We get to know you even better. Your study looks great; can't wait to see it finished larger.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Your color notes are perfect.
And so are the color notes on your cats. The one in the hussy position is a hoot.
May I paint the one with stripes? Such a wonderful cat.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
What a priceless (and precious) photo! We do miss having a cat around.
Thanks for sharing such an, "A-a-w-w", moment.
Sincerely,
Gary.

CrimsonLeaves said...

The painting is beautiful, Celeste! Such mood! But I really like the photo of you and the katz. How sweet it is!

Dalgaları Aşmak said...

super very nice colors and cats:)

Libby Fife said...

Fluffy babies! So sweet:) And I like the painting too! LOL:)

Page Railsback said...

Love the painting..love your cats..you look guys look purrr fectly content

Karen Boe said...

Ha! That cat image is a painting waiting to happen. Love the violet golds in the study - looking forward to the bigger version. ♥

Sheryl Anthony said...

I want to see this one big!

Cath.H.C Photography said...

Très belle lumière sur cette superbe composition!

Jala Pfaff said...

Gorgeous paintings, and love the cat nap!