Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday!

I painted this over an old painting today. woo hoo...it was fun!

Later in the day I sketched from the fat Sargent book in the front room. What lovely compositions Sargent employed! One right after another. (I'll add this to my Sargent project).

After that surgery business my doctors advised me that it is important to walk every day...(even if you don't feel like it). I packed my sketch kit and set out to walk to Rain or Shine Coffehouse on Division. It's an easy walk..flat all the way.

The paparazzi was there! No..No, paparazzi, please, please....no pictures! (haha) 

After getting to my destination and drinking coffee...  I did this contour drawing in my small sketchbook of the paparazzi. (Contour drawing is looking at the subject instead of the paper...) When I looked back at the paper I saw that I made his camera lens into a cinnamon bun. Very fitting! it was a sweeeeet outing. 

How's your weekend so far?

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Solitary flower, oil on 8x10 canvas panel

13 comments:

Linda Popple said...

You crack me up! The paparazzi is everywhere these days and with your star reputation .... well, you just have to expect it!

Love your painting and sketch. Wish I had a cinnamon bun camera!

Polly Birchall said...

Well, serves you right for being a famous artist!! Nice to see you out and about and your contour sketch is a triumph despite the hankering for a bun!

Dan Kent said...

Well Linda said everything I wanted to say except this - the flower is beautiful! I've been wrestling with a flower this week -they look gentle but they're always tough for me - and when I try to paint them they always win. But yours is gentle in all the right places. Love the background too!

L.W.Roth, said...

Good to see you up, out and going about Celeste things. Love your contour, the Sargent addition and the flowers. With all that activity, you're off my concern list. --so there's sun in Portland?

CrimsonLeaves said...

You have the cutest figure! Look at all the beautiful art you did in a day! I managed to grid out a paper to start another portrait. This one will be a pic of my Uncle and Aunt who are celebrating 50 years of marriage on February 1st.

Dean H. said...

The floral, Sargent, and contour drawing all shout your love of producing creative pieces of art, Celeste!
Ya look great on your walk. Keep up the good work.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What a great Saturday. Contour drawing--you can do it all!

hmuxo said...

It's been too cold to walk here..
however, its a bad excuse.. we should all go! LOVE the flower and always enjoy seeing your sketches...

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What a beautiful flower. The color of you shadow is to die for. Enjoyed the rest of the post. Glad you are keeping up with the Sargent copies.
You are looking good and pretty trim. I think your contour is fab.

Libby Fife said...

I always enjoy your Sargent project:)

Glad you are out and about. Walking always helps to get things moving and flowing! Don't forget to carry some aspirin with you too (heart attack) and your list of medications and phone numbers:) Be well!

Page Railsback said...

Keep up the good work. You are looking good and healthy. Love the cinnamon bun contour drawing..real flare

Helen Moreda said...

Great post Celeste. You got so much accomplished in one day.....and a great flower painting. For sure, I know they are not easy. Just keep healing and painting. Sounds like a good recipe to me.....

mary maxam said...

what a fun post! I think you should have paparazzi as yo always have so much interesting to bring us!That little blossom coming into the light is a gem!