Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday

I did paint a painting today, but I didn't like how it turned out. It had some good qualities....but I just decided to put it away and look at it again tomorrow. Right at the moment, I don't know if it will ever see the light of day.

But! in keeping with my post anything artful anyway credo...I sketched the above earlier in the day when I stopped into Common Grounds coffee house.  It was fun to observe this fellow who was obviously meeting a lady for the first time...he was on his best behavior. (Watch out, lady!)

I couldn't spend much time on the sketch, because I had an appointment I had to keep....but I'll go back to Common Grounds for more sketching. It is a very comfortable place (with good coffee, of course)!

Common Grounds is on Hawthorne. I like how their awning reads: Bakers Baristas Artists



10 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

I like your post,
Thx for sharing.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

You are getting out and about very well. Love the quick sketch. Very descriptive work.

Helen Moreda said...

What matters is that you painted, you moved forward. So Yeah! And I look forward to more...........

Sheryl Anthony said...

Nice sketch! It says a lot with just a few lines.

Sergio DS said...

I love this sketch so gestual.
Hugs!

CrimsonLeaves said...

The sketch is wonderful (and I suspect the painting is too). Love their name, "Common Grounds." So perfect!

Libby Fife said...

On his best behavior! That's when you really have to watch out!

Glad you are out and about. I always like getting a flavor of your day through your sketches:)

Carol Hopper said...

Your stories on your log are always interesting. You make us feel like best friends and I so want to meet you.

You are really good at sketching. Maybe this one is finished, don't you think?

Dan Gliubizzi said...

I don't know about that painting, but I know that you do not always give your sketches enough credit. They are often my favorite thing to come out of you! Today's included

hmuxo said...

Excellent sketch, Celeste. I'm joining a drawing class that hopefully will help with my sketching! lol