Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday!

The weekend SE Artwalk was a ton of fun! THANKS to all for braving the elements (and best of all.... for purchasing paintings!) A special thanks to Mark Larsen for inviting me to show with him at his home. It's remarkable how Mark made his front room and dining room into a gallery. 

One of my artist friends asked me during his visit "Which one of your paintings here is your personal favorite"? It was such an interesting question. I settled on the above, a semi-abstract that I painted at Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. I probably like it best because it makes me remember what a good day it was, how much fun it was to just paint my impression and of the friends who love art. (Hey, that describes you too!) :)

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Through the trees, oil on 8x8 canvas panel (framed)

Here is a slide show of our Artwalk experience (direct link to photos HERE)

9 comments:

martine paquet said...

Beautiful painting... even more precious with all the good memories related to her creation!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello Celeste! I am still out here checking out your wonderful blog! I need to make more time to write comments! Love the art walk photos and slide show! Great photos! Keep on making great art and posts!
Michael

Dan Kent said...

Love those strokes!

Polly Birchall said...

Great painting and so lovely to see your photos. Congratulations for a successful exhibition

CrimsonLeaves said...

I can see why you chose this piece as your favorite. I must say that I don't remember seeing it before on your blog, though it could be faulty wiring on my part. It is beautiful and I love that it reminds you of a wonderful day in the life of...

Mark's house looks fabulous and so perfect for an artist. Gives me ideas for if/when we ever land in our forever house.

Libby Fife said...

Love that painting! Glad that you had a good time. It looks like a wonderful setup. Always wish I lived just a little closer too:)

Sheryl Anthony said...

The one I bought is my favorite! Thanks again for the visit, Celeste.

mary maxam said...

Excellent slide show and painting! You've said so much in a decisive and minimal statement. Love the brushwork!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful painting, Celeste.. I love your brush work and I enjoyed the slideshow...someday I'll learn how to do it! lol