Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday (Art Discussion and neighborhood walk)

This is a painting I did a couple of years ago (after Serebriakoa). I hope to use lighting just like this in a life model session someday.  I took this painting to O'Connor's art discussion today. (To see what the other artists brought, go HERE).

This afternoon, despite the threat of rain, Dave and I went for a neighborhood walk:

This is the greeter in front of an airconditioning/duct company in Montavilla. (He looks a little stern). 

We stopped at Pastrygirl for a coffee. I liked this gouache painting on the wall...(by Acie Thompson).

Dave and I were both enamored by this Magnolia tree

The whites of the Magnolia tree are so pretty. It was like looking at a bridal bouquet.

Our neighbor was walking his wonderful dog Heidi. He lets her go...to run up to meet us.

Heidi! 

Here Heidi and I are asking Heidi's Dad for permission to come home with ME!

Not this time big girl......But, if your Dad ever changes his mind...you've got my number! 


10 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

At first I thought this was a painting of my daughter until I opened up your post from my thumbnail! Love her pose and the light you've cast her in, Celeste. A beautiful portrait! Heidi is adorable and she obviously loves you much!

L.W.Roth, said...

Now you do know gestural. Beautiful. The colors in your street sketch would have got my paint brush put too. And the magnolias are the best. Are you south or north of Seattle? South I think. I do hope they are on the trees when we get there. They are a sight for sore eyes. Nice to take a stroll with just a slicker. Wow!

hmuxo said...

This portrait caught my eye, Celeste! She's beautiful! And I love Heidi......!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

wonderful painting! I enjoyed the visit with Heidi too

David Starr said...

Enjoyed the painting and the walk. When will you paint those flowering trees?

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Another great painting.
I always enjoy your stories and this one is great. Inviting Heidi ... What about the cats?

Libby Fife said...

I always love going on a walk with you! And what a sweet baby Heidi is:)

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I read your blog twice today, and loved it immensely. I so agree with the gorgeous light on the model. And then there is your wonderful story about Heidi. Dogs have so much to teach us about love and compassion. If every person on the planet behaved like Heidi, what a peaceful place we would have. Thank you for sharing.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello My Very Talented and Very Kind Art Buddy Celeste! Sorry I haven't been commenting lately on your wonderful blog! Love all your latest photos! Of course I love your art! Keep on posting great art and photos of great stories!
Take care Celeste!
Michael

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, you are a master at painting the figure!
Love the drama of the lights and darks!