Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday!

Here is a recent pear painting. I enjoyed putting down a lot of paint. I went to Art Discussion Thursday last week....to see what everyone brought....go HERE.

I don't know how it is possible that I have never seen the movie Vincent and Theo until this weekend. (It was made in 1990). It was so good! Well, there are a couple scenes that are tough to take...and I bet you can guess which ones. Really, really good. 

Some people over by the freeway wanted to remind the motorists that tomorrow is Easter. I got this shot out the car window. Happy Easter!

(Top Photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, Pears, oil on 12x9 stretched canvas

11 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I adore the way you painted the pears. Fabulous on every way.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Wonderful colors. I have not seen the movie, but I will put it on my to-do list. Happy Easter!

Polly Birchall said...

Love the glow on the pears. I check out all your links though I don't always comment. And it's sad that so many children especially, don't know the story of Easter. I loved the film about Van Gogh, what a tormented soul he was. Happy Easter

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh I do think the pears are fabulous, Celeste. Love all the nuances of green too. Vincent and Theo, hmmm? I hadn't heard of it but after reading that huge book, I would love to see it!

hmuxo said...

LOVE the colors and loose style on these pears, Celeste!! Wonderful work! Somehow l missed your Wednesday post....very nice piece as well!
Happy Easter !

hmuxo said...

LOVE the colors and loose style on these pears, Celeste!! Wonderful work! Somehow l missed your Wednesday post....very nice piece as well!
Happy Easter !

Dan Kent said...

Love that thick luscious paint and the swirling strokes. Great painting.

Dean H. said...

Love the colorist approach to these pears, Celeste!

Helen Moreda said...

pears are great. loose and fun. juicy.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

There is something somewhat Van Gogh like about these pears, just stunning! I love it!
Now, I want to see this movie! I have always admired Van Gogh's work. Thank you for the movie tip!

Libby Fife said...

I haven't seen that film either. Maybe a Netflix selection is I can steal the queue from my husband!

Not sure I like putting things on an overpass but I DO love those pears!