Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday!


Green glass is fun to paint. I painted this as a little exercise.

Dave and I went to the Oregon Convention Center today to check out the Ceramic Showcase. Here he is taking a photo of the giant swinging globe in the ceiling of the lobby.  Two women laid down right next to him on the floor (to look at the globe). I heard one say "This is how you get the full experience".

So I'll save you the trouble of laying on the lobby floor of the convention center... this is what the swinging globe looks like. (Thanks for the photos, Dave).

On the way back from the Convention center we happened on this statue located at the Oregon State Building in Lloyd Center. The figure has no face..but still she seems exultant. I have no idea what any of it means...but I confess, I like it.

Finally,  I met this neighbor-cat on our walk and I asked him if he wanted to come home with me. He said no.

That's my day---how is yours? :)

(Top Photo) Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Green Glass, oil on 6x8 canvas panel

10 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh wow, Celeste! As much as I love my two Bergin pieces, I have to say that I love these bottles just as much! You did a masterful job on them. The color palette is exquisite!

Don't think I'd be laying under the globe...I have visions of the cable snapping! I always love seeing photos of you; you are just so cute!

L.W.Roth, said...

Yes, green glass is an interesting subject. Love this painting I think I'll start collecting. I'm getting a little tired of squares. Better get with it. --So how does that globe swing in Dave's photo? Curious photographers like to know.

Dean H. said...

Love the multiple greens you used, Celeste! Not only that, but that background is great!
Great photos of your day! Thanks.

Lisa Graham Art said...

Oh I LOVE your bottle painting! The colors just dance a sway nicely together and the unexpected pink at the top really works!

Fun post...sweet kitty cat. I still miss my Bean.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Those glasses are just right. Love that green gleam. I know that statue. It is sort of spooky and I don't understand it either. I'm painting outdoors this week!

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Céleste,

Un petit trio de verre au belles tonalités. Ces jolies bouteilles se détachent merveilleusement bien des teintes de ce fond magnifique. La lumière s'infiltre et joue avec les éléments.
Une très belle peinture.
Merci de nous entraîner dans la belle découverte de ce lieu.
Wouahou ! cela doit être vraiment impressionnant de voir cette boule s'agiter au-dessus de soi !
Je suis certaine que vous avez passé un très agréable moment.

Une statue surprenante et énigmatique avec ce sans visage... On peut ainsi, au goût de chacun, lui approprier celui qu'on veut.

Gros bisous ♡ et des caresses à ce minou...

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

Hello my dear Celeste,

A small trio of beautiful glass shades. These pretty bottles stand beautifully shades of this beautiful background. Light seeps and plays with the elements.
A beautiful painting.

Thank you to lead us in the beautiful discovery of this place.
Wouahou! it must be really impressive to see this ball fussing over itself!
I'm sure you had a great time.

A surprising and enigmatic with this faceless statue ... It is thus possible to everyone's taste, that we want to capture her.

Kisses and hugs ♡ this kitty ...
---------------
(thanks, Martine!)

Polly Birchall said...

Love the bottles, nightmare to paint. And enjoyed the rest of your post

hmuxo said...

A wonderful post and a very successful exercise, Celeste. I love the green bottles...painted beautifully and I like the way you painted the background, as well...

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, love your paintings, and love the details of your walks! Love to see more!