Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tuesday/Wed-nes-day

This is a painting I recently painted in two sessions.  I enjoyed using a palette knife and also giving it a 2nd pass. I may add a few more touches.

My "BFF" Sondra moved back from California to Oregon. So to celebrate her homecoming on Tuesday I drove to Salem to see her and have lunch. Here is our selfie!

We had lunch at a pretty McMenamins

We also went to the Salem Library (Sondra needed books). While there I discovered their lending program of original art. Well, that's different!

I've never seen anything like this before. It seems like a good idea....I think (?)

Today Dave and I went to the Portland Art Museum to see The Art of the Louvre's Tuileries Garden

In the front lobby art was being installed for the Joel Shapiro exhibit. I thought the skyjack lift was as cool as the art.

Inside the PAM show there are huge sculptures that were actually in the Paris Garden. It was so fun to examine the super-beautiful sculptures..especially their hands and feet. We were allowed to take photos with our mobile phones "only".

My phone is still on here, just in case I needed to take more photos!

In the lower floor was a good photography exhibit: Two-Way Street: The Photographs of Garry Winogrand and Jonathan Brand. That's my report from two great days. What have you been up to?

(Top Photo) Celeste Bergin, Leaning house, oil on 10x8 canvas panel


14 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Céleste,
Une publication riche en art, en rencontre... une belle communion.
Ta dernière peinture est un havre de paix.La lumière illumine merveilleusement la scène. Une petite maison où il doit faire bon vivre...

Une promenade que j'aurais bien volontiers assister en visitant ce musée.
Merci pour le partage de ces magnifiques photos.

✺ Gros bisous ✺

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

Hello my dear Celeste,
A publication rich in art, meeting ... a beautiful communion.
Your last painting is a haven of paix.La wonderfully light illuminates the scene. A small house where we would live ...

A walk that I would gladly attend by visiting this museum.
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.

✺ ✺ Kisses

_______
thank you, Martine!

Sue Marrazzo said...

Thanks for sharing it all!
What a GREAT post!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I like the small leaning house. It was probably hard not to straighten it while painting.

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste, I love this work and photos!
Cheers, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh to have a best friend nearby. Something I've wanted and needed for years. Your two days look amazing, Celeste! I think this is my favorite of your landscape pieces to date. I'm not sure why the draw (no pun intended) but it is strong for this piece. My imagination immediately goes to who lived in this house, their dreams, their story...

Libby Fife said...

First off, what a nice painting! I really like this one a lot.

And what a great day. Sondra returns, art you can borrow and beautiful hands and feet. What more do you want? :)

Libby Fife said...

First off, what a nice painting! I really like this one a lot.

And what a great day. Sondra returns, art you can borrow and beautiful hands and feet. What more do you want? :)

PAMO said...

Wow! Two fabulous days!
Love all the photos.

That painting is spectacular! Looks like the scenery here in East Tennessee. I love it!

Lisa Graham Art said...

Great post Celeste...you live such an interesting artful life and you are SO social. Wonderful!

I LOVE this painting you did. It's really charming. I want to live in that sweet house.

hmuxo said...

I love your painting, Celeste!! a place I would love to visit right now and your selfie of your BFF is SO special!

Jane said...

A stunning landscape, really love the warm colors so freely applied !

Helen Moreda said...

What an inviting landscape. I love it.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste! Thank you for a great art museum visit. Love the photo of you with your camera phone ready for action! Also love the selfie with you and your buddy! So nice to reconnect! Love the landscape! Such talent and great beauty!
Great post Celeste!
Oregon is such a wonderful state!
Michael Who Someday Would Love To Get To Oregon And Washington State!