Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wed-nes-day!

"Impromptu day"... I met with Steve Kleier for coffee this am at Bipartisan Cafe. He is such a great plein air urban-scape guy. "Hey, Let's paint right on this street"...he said (and so we did). I want to go back to that same spot again. We set up right next to a row of trash cans. 

Then!...at noon I threw in with some other plein air pals at Laurelhurst park. We had a great model named Sarah (or Sara?). I had only a 16x12 panel with me so I opted to concentrate on a portrait. It was just a perfect day. (Thanks to Dave Burbach for the photos)!

(Top Photo): Study: Celeste Bergin, Next to Bipartisan Cafe, oil on 10x8 canvas panel
(Bottom Photo): Study: Celeste Bergin, Model at Laurelhurst, oil on 16x12 canvas panel
(Direct Link to Slideshow HERE)

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Love the portrait of Sara, Celeste.....the light hitting her hat is perfect...Wonderful work !

Helen Moreda said...

Don't you just love those "perfect" days? Great job Celeste

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a GREAT day indeed, Celeste! Full of inspiration and painting and good friends. I see Za at the park too? The portrait just looks like the epitome of the southern belle (despite it being Oregon! LOL). The urbanscape is just wonderful. You give it the Celeste Bergin touch that takes it from the same old that many do and made is spectacular! What a day!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

How do I get on the impromptu list! Two great paintings. Looks like a perfect day.

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

Street scenes are so appealing for their human interest aspect. The scene makes me wonder more about the area, what is the attraction to the Bipartisan Cafe, what is the signage in the area. Your work and blog are so interesting. I have been out of touch for a bit, just having returned from a painting trip to France.

Libby Fife said...

The whole day looks like a lot of fun. What a great idea too to have the model be outside for a change:)

Dan Kent said...

I have never seen you do anything like this. It is so well done! Love the way you capture the cars and buildings with such an economy of brush strokes. Just read the last comment. I am reading Hawthorne on Painting. He recommends painting models outside to his students. Nice portrait.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love both the portrait and the city scape!
Your wonderful use of color always grabs me immediately! Great post Celeste!
Michael