Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday---Yay!

I am so happy to be one of the 40 participants in the Portland Art Museum Plein Air Invitational 2014. Yesterday we painted in the South Park Blocks. I had a wonderful time...Thank you to all the friends and art appreciators who turned out! I painted this wonderful tree that caught the morning light. It's in a frame now (together with my other paintings) and ready for the exhibit/sale. 

This is one of the other paintings I will have on display for sale in the Museum courtyard on Sunday, August 10, 2014 (Noon to five). (Update: SOLD)

To see photos from the Plein Air Event go HERE
To see photos from last week's Alla Prima Portland meeting go HERE

I promise to swing by all your blogs next week! So good to hear from everyone in "real life" as well as in the blog-world!

:)

11 comments:

Elsa Louise said...

I would like to take a stroll on the little path that runs under the tree. The sun-lit leaves are so pretty.

The images you post here always fill me with admiration for the way you apply color.

Polly Birchall said...

Looks like you had a great time painting outdoors, and capturing the light.

martine paquet said...

I love your tree! Your greens are so rich!

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ

CrimsonLeaves said...

The tree is stunning, Celeste, and definitely my kind of painting (I am a tree hugger). The flowers bring such joy and color too. I am so glad you got out to paint with friends old and new and hope the show is as fabulous as it promises to be by your paintings!!

Libby Fife said...

Both paintings are lovely but I really like that second one a lot.

So glad you had a good time. The weather must have been great.

Dean H. said...

Both the plein air and floral are terrific, Celeste!

Nancy Goldman said...

Your tree painting has such a strong sense of emotion. It's really beautiful. Congratulations on being included in the plein air invitational.

Helen Moreda said...

I am with Elsa. The path draws me right in. Love it.

Dan Kent said...

I love the sunlight dappled tree and all the colors in the shadows!

L.W.Roth, said...

I favor the second one too. I like it's looseness as well as the muted colors. It's got a dream-like quality that's romantic. Both, however. will do well, I'm sure. Break a leg; it's show time.