Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday

I've been working on an (seemingly endless) un-art related project so this is my first post in a week! I've missed you! This is an oil study of a young girl in a life session. This is as far as I could get in the time allotted and I was satisfied that I captured a quality about her. She was so much fun to paint. 

What are you doing this weekend? How about coming out and hanging with me? I am very happy to be a participant in Paris in the Park Blocks, sponsored by the Portland Art Museum in conjunction with the Tuileries exhibit and celebration of Portland's city parks. 

On Saturday, August 9, 40 artists will be painting in the south Park Blocks near the museum (all day). Then...on Sunday we'll be displaying our work for sale in the courtyard beginning at Noon. We did this event 2 years ago and the response was outstanding. Entrance to the museum is Free on Sunday too. I am so looking forward to seeing you there! (Portland Art Museum, 1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205). More Information HERE.

(Top Photo) (Oil Study), Celeste Bergin, "Ty" oil on 20x16 canvas sheet

11 comments:

Candace X. Moore said...

Lovely, Celeste. You captured her youth and innocence. Your colors rock as always. Love that bold warm shadow on the face. Btw, if I was in Portland, I would definitely stop by and say hello.

Lisa Graham Art said...

This pretty girl's blue headband drew me in right away. I just love this whole painting.

I would be there if I could...no doubt about it. I hope you have fun Celeste!

L.W.Roth, said...

Very nice quick study. I love the simplicity. You did just enough. Meanwhile break a leg . I'd come out if I could, but we haven't mastered time travel--YET. :may the forc be with you. :-))

Dan Kent said...

Well that's pretty far in a life session. Beautifully done.

This weekend I have RSVP'ed for a figure drawing group I just learned about. In my life, things get in the way, so I hope I can go. Not sure what to bring!

Have fun this weekend! Unlike those other folks I will be there with you, definitely .. in spirit.

CrimsonLeaves said...

I love the glow under her chin! Your photo captures Portland and the images in my head when I remember it.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Knock 'em dead at the show, Celeste. Can it really be two years since I met you at the last one? Amazing how time really does fly.
Have a great time and sell lots of paintings. :)) I'll be there in spirit.
Sincerely,
Gary.

Libby Fife said...

I do wish Portland was just a little closer. At the bottom of the state would be perfect!

Have a good time. It should good weather for painting I would think.

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

My wheels are finally on the ground after six weeks of travel this year. I apologize but I cannot hang out with you this weekend. I will be there in spirt, OK?

hmuxo said...

Beautiful portrait, Celeste... I wish you the best of luck with the show...I know it will be a success!!! loved your previous Monday painting...!!!

PAMO said...

A beautiful portrait!

Looks like a fun weekend- wish I could be there.

Those non art projects are sneaky time suckers sometimes.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love the colors and emotional response I get looking at this one.

Hope the weekend was stimulating and fun.