Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday!

My painting friend Za Vue is always recommending that we paint with big masses. (This is a practice painting with big blocks of paint).

Last Thursday I went to the Columbia Art Gallery in Hood River. I ran into my painting pal, Rowena Sanford. 

I also saw Cathleen Rehfeld, Sally Reichmuth and Daryl Lloyd. I got to see the Plein Air show again. It looks great!

Do you have one of these paint wringers? It works really well. This afternoon I wrung a slew of my paint. It was a nice project. I sat at the picnic table in the back yard. 

.....What are you doing? :)

(Top Photo) Oil Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Model K, oil on 12x16 canvas panel

12 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Celeste...

Julie Ford Oliver said...

That is a marvelous painting. Love it. Hard to believe it is a practice piece.
It would takes me hours to be half that good! If ever.
I have a wringer. The plastic one was hopeless - it's the metal one which is a dream at saving every drop of paint.

Libby Fife said...

Big masses!

I have seen those paint wringers and have always wanted one. I do love useful tools:)

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh this painting is gorgeous, Celeste!!!! It has the same mood as the woman in the piece you did that I have!!

AK said...

I think this style works well for you. Great job.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Model K glows; it looks like much more than a practice piece.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Big masses. I have to remember that. This painting looks really great. I don't have a paint wringer. I should get one!

Pam Huggins said...

I always love your portraits... even the practice ones.
I will add that you just get prettier and prettier! A lovely smile my beautiful friend.

Helen Moreda said...

Absolutely great masses of color. And that metal paint wringer is perfect. I love mine. This weekend, I painted. cleaned up the studio, worked on my website. Busy and good.

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

Your painting skills are growing by leaps and bounds. How wonderful that you got to meet Cathleen Redfield. What a painter she is!!!!

Yes, I have the same tube wringer and use it on a regular basis!

Dean H. said...

You handle the big masses of color very well, Celeste! Love the painting!

Helen H Trachy said...

Hi Celeste! Just happened to see your painting. Can't believe it's just an exercise, it's already quite beautiful. I love the subject and the choice of colors.