Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday!

Here is one of the plein air paintings I have at the Columbia Art Gallery this month in the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Competition and Exhibition 2014. The show is up until September 28.

Yesterday I took Dave Gallup to the airport for his trip back to North Carolina. He is going back to visit with his very first girlfriend from the 1950's! Well, she's going to approve, don't you think? I take care of Maxine the cat, while he is gone.

As you can see, it is time to clean up der Bunker studio AGAIN. This time, however, I am really buckling down and getting rid of everything that is not really necessary. Ok, except for the paper lanterns. They can stay.

See?

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, To the East, oil on 8x10 canvas panel, available at Columbia Art Gallery

12 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What a lovely landscape, Celeste. It has the freshness of a plein air painting.
Admire you for finding the time to be a good friend. So important to have them in our lives.

L.W.Roth, said...

I'd keep the lanterns too; they're delightfully romantic. Your studio looks great. I love the book shelves and a closed wall cabinet. I also look at your lovely landscape longingly. I have really gotten myself into some sort of endless marathon.

Helen Moreda said...

And again, Lovely palette. It holds the painting together perfectly.

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ !!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

That is a very beautiful en plein air painting. I agree with Julie above, you are a good friend!

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Céleste,

Ces temps-ci je cours après les heures qui filent très vite !... Je suis heureuse toutefois de pouvoir prendre le temps de venir admirer vos dernières toiles.
Je me suis autorisée un petit retour en arrière et j'y ai fait de belles découvertes...
Cette toute récente peinture est remplie d'éclat et de beauté. J'aime la profondeur qu'elle produit.

Il est bon de partager du temps avec ses amis... Des moments chers.
Votre guirlande de lumières est simplement adorable !

♡ Gros bisous ♡

Lisa Graham Art said...

Pretty landscape Celeste! I always want to walk outside when I see your landscapes.

I am so thrilled to see your studio and your colored lamps. Atmosphere!

Page Railsback said...

Great painting Celeste...Dave looks cute too

Dean H. said...

Love the colors in this, Celeste!

CrimsonLeaves said...

You have so beautifully captured the movement and depth of the sky in this piece. How stunning!! I am rather digging your bunker studio just like it is. And I am guessing your friend is close to my mom's age, so yes, I think his old girlfriend will approve!

Libby Fife said...

Well, of course the paper lanterns must stay! Looking forward to some Maxine sketches too:)

What a lovely painting! The effect of the light is really beautiful.

Good luck with the exhibition. As always I wish I could see the work in person:)

Pam Huggins said...

Mr. Gallup looks very striking! I'm sure his first beau was pleased.

Your competition painting is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I really LOVE everything about it... the composition, the colors, everything.

Say HI to Maxine! Maybe you'll paint her again soon.