Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday!

This is one of my paintings that has been installed at Providence St. Vincent Hospital on the Art for the Care wall, beginning this week until January 30, 2015. All the work there is for sale and part of the proceeds from sales will be donated to charity.

On Thursday I went to the art discussion meeting. To see what everyone brought...go HERE.

.....It's Friday! Happy Weekend, Friends, I hope you have great plans afoot (or perhaps no plans, which is also often a very nice thing)!

(Painting) Celeste Bergin, The Journey, oil on 18x6 stretched canvas

11 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Wow! You must be immensely proud to have one of your paintings hanging there until 2105!! Imagine...ninety-one years!!!!!
Well Done and I only hope St. Vincent's has the technology to keep me alive long enough to make an offer to buy it when it finally does come off that Care Wall.
Have a great weekend!!
Sincerely,
Gary.

weekend et coup de brosse said...

Very nice painting!
Très bon week-end, Cath.

Sadami said...

Good on you, Celeste! Your lovely heart and lovely work.
Best wishes, Sadami

hmuxo said...

This is so beautifully painted, Celeste and will look wonderful on the Hospital wall! I looked at the other Artists' work...all
beautiful work!!!

Celeste Bergin said...

thank you Gary and Cath, Sadami and Hilda! Gary--thanks for pointing out my typo. hahaha! I fixed it :)

L.W.Roth, said...

A lovely painting, for a lovely cause. You palette is different, cool colors handled beautifully. It has the simplicity of an Asian painting, indeed the landscape does look Asian.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Very Monet-esque I'd say

CrimsonLeaves said...

I adore than Van Gogh-y sky! Beautiful painting all the way around Celeste.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Monet! All the way! With a hint of Vincent!
Great painting and so very nice of you to participate in this worthwhile event!

mary maxam said...

Great grays to play off that wonderful blue!Very serene

Dan Kent said...

I've decided if I don't comment on my phone I won't comment. So here goes: beautiful painting. I agree it is Monet-ish. Wild dimensions!