Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday!

I am happy with how this turned out...but the photo is not the best. I took it late, maybe I'll retake it when the light is better tomorrow.

Yesterday we went to Joanne Radmilovich Kollman's studio. She is a painting pal of mine and part of Portland Open Studios. Her son and friend were greeters and told us which way to go. 

Joanne's studio is in the Troy Laundry Building. I guess it used to be a laundry building (!)...but now it houses mostly artists.

I love her space. Lot's of wonderful light. 

As were were leaving another painting friend (Erin Cadena) showed up, so the Paparazzi did his job.
It was a great weekend....how was yours?

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, October sky, oil on 6x6 canvas panel

8 comments:

hmuxo said...

You should be VERY happy with this painting, Celeste! Its so beautiful...The sky is amazing, as well as the wonderful colors.....

hmuxo said...

You should be VERY happy with this painting, Celeste! Its so beautiful...The sky is amazing, as well as the wonderful colors.....

CrimsonLeaves said...

Beautiful depth and atmosphere, not to mention the palette! in your piece, Celeste. Gorgeous. Looks like you had a great day too. Her studio is wonderful indeed.

Libby Fife said...

I so wanted to go on that tour! Another fun thing that you get to do, lucky girl:)

art by Michael Perchard said...

Celeste!
You should be so very happy with the way this one turned out! Wow! I so love the colors! Breathtaking!
So very happy when I see your art! Thank you again for sharing it with so many!
(Also thank you for being a great motivation for me to keep on painting!)
Take care Celeste!
Michael

Sheryl Anthony said...

I haven't gotten to any of the Portland Open Studios, but I hope to go next time. Your painting, wonderful colors!

L.W.Roth, said...

Homestead and this marshland painting have wonderful coloring and character. I can smell the air and feel the coolness of the day. Very nice to catch up with what you've been up to.

Helen Moreda said...

It is wonderful Celeste. I love the layers, the palette. Great!
And yes, I had a great weekend. Lake Almanor, Ca. Halfway to you!