Thursday, November 6, 2014

Catching up...on Thursday

Here is one of the paintings I took to art discussion today. It's just a value study of my cat Daisy.  To see what everyone else brought...go HERE.

I have skipped a couple of blog posts..so I'm catching up now. Here Dave is helping me pick up my paintings from People's Art downtown. Some of my paintings were selected to be used in scenes of Portlandia (Season 5). Thanks, Chris Haberman, for the opportunity.

We celebrated my friend Dave G's 80th birthday on November 1. No one can believe that he is 80! Here he is with Anne making a wish upon his birthday pie (It's custard).

Dave B and I took in the Schnitzer Collection at the Portland Art Museum yesterday. I'm studying a Katherine Ace painting.

This week I also turned in my paintings to George Broderick at Broderick Gallery for my two woman show with Quin Sweetman...."A Year in Paint". (The paintings were all completed in the last year).

....And this is your invitation. (Click to Enlarge) I will be at the Artist's reception on Sunday, Nov 9, 1-6pm. Come if you can..I would love to see you there!

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Study of Daisy, oil on 8x6 canvas panel

11 comments:

art by Michael Perchard said...

Wow! Celeste, I love Sunday's painting! The sky is so very beautiful! Alive with fire! Nice!
Also love this post! I love your cat! Love the texture and the positioning of your little buddy! Love your photos! Best of luck on your two women show! Nice to see photo of you checking out the art! Also so very nice to see your smile!
Thanks for being such a good art buddy!
Take care Celeste!
Michael

hmuxo said...

Wonderful painting of your cat, Celeste. And they did a beautiful job on the invitation....the perfect painting on the cover! Wish I lived a little closer so I can attend!!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Look at that cat's TAIL. Wow. BUSHY! is Daisy the tortoise shell one? You captured her pose just right.
The painting in the PAM made me think of my studio!
without the three cats! just the mess.
Good luck tonight for the opening of your show and will look forward to reading how it goes. I know it will be fabulous.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Look at that cat's TAIL. Wow. BUSHY! is Daisy the tortoise shell one? You captured her pose just right.
The painting in the PAM made me think of my studio!
without the three cats! just the mess.
Good luck tonight for the opening of your show and will look forward to reading how it goes. I know it will be fabulous.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Celeste, I could use an iota of your energy, my friend. Love Daisy's value piece; it is a stand alone wonderful work of art. Reminds me of a style I've seen before but cannot think of the artist's name (past, not present).

Libby Fife said...

What a busy week (or so)! Good job on your show with Quin. I certainly wish I could see that one.

And I enjoyed my time at O'Connor's. Not sure who I would want to speak to but it is a fun idea:)

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I so wish I could be at your opening. I hope it is wonderful. You deserve the best.

Quin Sweetman said...

I love your kitty painting! :)

Sheryl Anthony said...

Celeste, your value study is excellent. I plan on being there on Sunday.

Polly Birchall said...

I love the painting of your cat lit from the window, and your other pics too.

ermine said...

Oh, I'm a big Portlandia fan. So neat that you have some paintings in Season 5. I'd love to know what they are so I can look for them!