Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday!

Here is another 8x8 painting for the 500 show. It has been really fun to paint for this event. I understand that there is more like 600 artists involved, not just 500. We all got 10 panels to paint. Can you imagine..? All the information about the opening (December 13) is in my sidebar on the left. 

Dave and I went for a walk this afternoon. It rained buckets! (...but my sherbet-y green Columbia Sportswear jacket kept me mostly dry). 

Hope you are enjoying your day --wherever you are and whatever you are doing! :)

(Top Photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, Moonlit, oil on 8x8 birch panel

12 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Another moody painting. You are so good at capturing the essence of atmosphere in your paintings.
I looked for Gene Kelley but I guess you were not singing...just walking in the rain!

Sadami said...

Beutiful work! Keep up your wonderful work, too. Best wishes, Sadami

Polly Birchall said...

Wow, bet that will be some exhibition. Good luck

Jane said...

A wonderful mood to this painting !

CrimsonLeaves said...

The softness you are painting is just amazingly gorgeous, Celeste. A slight style shift? Maybe not as I have one of your paintings myself with a similar touch and it is amongst my favorites. At least you went out and walked!! Me? I did run yesterday a.m. Hoping to walk at the mall today.

hmuxo said...

I love your painting of "Moonlit"
Celeste....Love the light ..
gorgeous colors!!

Chris Lally said...

Another stunner! Just beautiful, Celeste!

Helen Moreda said...

Amazing how you captured the light. Just amazing.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello Celeste!
So very nice to see you out for a walk in the rain! Glad you have the perfect rain gear! I also love to be out in the rain! Good for you!
I love, love "Moonlit" for so many, many reasons!
The glow of the light is amazing! Magical comes to mind! Love the overall color scheme! It is a "Wow!" painting for me!
Bravo!
Michael

L.W.Roth, said...

This is a real beauty. The colors are spectacular. It's SOLD before it gets there! I admire your walk on the rain. I keep planning, but have opted for cozy and dry every time. Happy holidays Celeste. break a leg at that show. Your work is outstanding.

mary maxam said...

Just glowing! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful :)

Stephen Hayes said...

Glad to discover another blogging Oregonian, and another artist as well. I look forward to visiting your blog again and enjoying your art.