Saturday, November 22, 2014

Weekend!

I’m painting for the "Big 500" show this year.  
The show is a fundraising event benefiting the Oregon Food Bank.   (The food collected for entry to the opening together with a portion of proceeds from art sales benefit several Portland shelters).
The show runs Saturday, December 13 through January 11.  
Big 500
Peoples Art of Portland 
Opens Sat Dec 13th at 2pm – until 9pm
show runs through Jan 11th
500+ Artists
5000+ Pieces of art

(all art is 8x8)

Bring a can of Food for Free entry 
Peoples Art of Portland Gallery
700 SW Fifth (3rd floor) People’s is Suite 4005
Pioneer Square Mall, downtown Portland
open Thurs-Sun 12-6pm

(Top Photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Red Trees, oil on 8x8 birch panel
Oh, and I missed telling you about the Thursday art discussion ...to see what we brought go HERE.

12 comments:

Sadami said...

Good on ye, Celeste! I heartily hope the show will go well. Best wishes, Sadami

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Love the mood you captured, Celeste. The red against the beautiful, soft neutrals is really beautiful.
What a great idea to help the food bank. I love those places. When you think of all the food which is thrown away... And it used to be worse before the food banks started to become more recognized. Good for you, Celestr.

CrimsonLeaves said...

This is just absolutely stunning, Celeste! I love the softness, the light, the autumn colors. Pure gorgeousness all the way around! What a great cause, too. So proud of you!

Libby Fife said...

As always, I wish I lived just a little closer. It would be fun to see all of that art.

Your painting looks great too:)

L.W.Roth, said...

I wish I could. I would love to see 500 8 x 8s. That's a decent size I recently discovered. The red maple looks wonderful against the yellow greens. I should take a lesson from you. Your composition is just enough. I tend to cram. Hope the holiday show is a fundraising success.

hmuxo said...

I love this painting Celeste.. the misty atmosphere is wonderful bringing out that colorful Fall tree.! It's always such a treat looking over the paintings from your group!! Everyone does such amazing work!!

Page Railsback said...

Beautiful painting..Great cause..

Lisa Graham Art said...

Wow Celeste, the red trees are amazing. I've missed so much, art shows, friends, all so wonderful! Yes, yay for red dots. Happy for you and you deserve lots of red dots for your beautiful work.

Happy week to you!!

Helen Moreda said...

This is a powerful landscape Celeste. Great work and so generous of you.

Barbara Pask said...

Love this! Good luck with the show too.

John Simlett said...

Woo hoo! love the glow.

The 'grained' surface is wonderful, it really gives depth to the composition; the grain in the foreground, trees in the near-distance and distant shapes of trees.

This is terrific stuff, even to my untrained eye!

Jeanette Jobson said...

This has a wonderful light and simplicity. Beautiful.

The show is for a great cause. I hope it goes well.