Sunday, February 1, 2015

Superbowl Sunday

I did two acrylic paintings today (neither is quite done yet). At the end of the session I painted this sketch, just to use up the paint on my palette.  I'm not one to freeze my paints (like so many seem to do)...it's fun to just use up paint (if only on a practice sketch).

When we are out for our neighborhood walk, it is always made special if we run into Heidi, the neighbor-dog. Heidi's "Dad" lets her run up to us.

Without fail, Heidi sits on our feet. It's just her thing. She sits on mine...then she goes over to Dave and sits on his. 

The Thursday art discussion meeting was great because the Thursday Drawing Club met at Medley Tea and we just had a blast. To see what showed up at the meeting and the Drawing Club results..go HERE

10 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

She is very beautiful.
So is Heidi!
I do not freeze my paint either. I think of all the museums in the world with climate control and ask why.

hmuxo said...

Excellent sketch Celeste. You got rid of the paints perfectly. I enjoyed seeing everyones work and loved your bouquet.. wonderful colors on the flowers.!

Libby Fife said...

There's Heidi! I knew it was her right away. She's famous now in CA!

Hope to see your acrylic work soon. Freezing acrylics? I haven't ever done that and wonder how that works. Seems interesting.

L.W.Roth, said...

Yes, it's better just to use it up and you did a fine job with that! Leave it just the way it is. I think I'm liking the unfinished look. It gives the painting a life-- makes me think,any minute the artist will be back. Unfinished gives the impression of possibilities. These are sketches. You had some paint. You had some time. Love the concept.

Fresca said...

I like that there's no mention of football. :)

L.W.Roth, said...

I commented, my usual long winded kind, but it was return d by some sort of delivery system.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Celeste, you didn't mention that the SeaHawks lost. Sorry! I have been following the drawing club and I have to join one day! Love your sketch.

AK said...

Freeze Paint. I am never able to keep pace with the speed acrylics freeze. This is excellent work.

mary maxam said...

She is really nice and I like the vibrating background color. For a large work, a sta-wet palette is great for acrylics, but I agree that working small doesn't merit the saving sometimes.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Celeste, your work is always so beautiful, and somewhat haunting. I just love it. I hope that you are feeling better and that the flu has passed. Heidi is such a sweetheart.