Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday

For Thursday's art discussion meeting we were asked to bring in a painting and say why we felt it is successful. This is a painting from a workshop. I like the complementary colors and the twig shapes in contrast to the oranges. To see what everyone else brought ....go HERE

Today (Sunday) I went to the reception at Concordia College...some of my friends are showing and it was great fun to see their new work and visit with them in such a pretty setting. Slideshow below (or direct link to photos HERE). Thanks for the photos, David Burbach.




(Top Photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Oranges, oil on 16x12 canvas panel

9 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Beautiful colors and your oranges are wonderful. I like the twigs creating a tension next to all the round shapes..
That was a wonderful show ar the college. The figurative paintings blew me away. Who was the artist?

Sue Marrazzo said...

Thanks for sharing!
This is very NICE!

Libby Fife said...

What a wonderful venue! I always enjoy our out and about time together:) Thanks for the pics.

CrimsonLeaves said...

I do so love the softness in this painting, Celeste. Something you imbue in many of your pieces. Lends to the stunning factor. I used to have a friend who went to Concordia. She lives in Longview now, I believe.

L.W.Roth, said...

Does look like a fun afternoon. Your still life is pleasing. I'd have loved to have heard the comments.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello Celeste! I so love your very active art group! This painting is successful for so many varied and wonderful reasons! I so love the colors! Also love the composition! And of course the skill of the very talented artist!
Take care!
Michael

Helen Moreda said...

Wonderful contrast in shapes. Lovely color. Yes.

SamArtDog said...

That shot of blue makes it!

mary maxam said...

Yes, the color is very successful, and so are those soft edges and repeating shapes. Nice!