Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Monday!

Evidence that I am a complete sap when it comes to cats and dogs...here I am photographing a neighbors orange cat (without his express permission, I might add). Hey kitty...Pictures, or it didn't happen.

This is yet a different orange cat...this is my neighbor's cat who is taking up residence on my porch. The blanket is there just for him.

Now that you are up-to-date on zee orange cats ...here is how my complements and notan experiment came out. It is done with just yellow and purple and white. Her face has kind of a kabuki look. I'm just going to leave it here (since it is just an experiment). Next I'll do an orange/blue experiment.  For those who asked what is notan...here is a great video from Mitch Albala: 




(Painting) Celeste Bergin, High Fashion, oil on 12x9 canvas panel

8 comments:

Pam Huggins said...

Hey- we have two orange cats. They would love you 'cause they can spot an animal lover in an instant.

Love your notan experiment. No I hadn't heard of that before. I always appreciate how much you teach.
That painting is so lovely it seems more than just an experiment.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on zee orange cats too! Hope you are having a lovely spring so far.

Sadami said...

Enjoy everything, Celeste! Cheers, Sadami

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Céleste,

Oh ! mais j'aime beaucoup la manière finale de cette jolie peinture... Je serais heureuse de découvrir de nouvelles "petites soeurs" !!
Ce beau matou se sent rassuré chez vous car il a bien senti que vous aimiez les animaux...

❀ Gros bisous ❀

CrimsonLeaves said...

I'm a sap for animals too, Celeste. I love your pics but found myself thinking that if that had been me bending over to pet that cat on the sidewalk, all my stuff would have dumped right out of that bag on my shoulder. How did you manage to keep it in there??? I love the sophisticated lady painting. Still Audrey Hepburn-ish to me, despite what you say looks like a Kabuki face.

hmuxo said...

She is finished beautifully Celeste!!! I love her face.. and I tried to see the video but I can't seem to get volume!!! I will try another time.

L.W.Roth, said...

Loved the Notan video! It brought to mind the helpfulness of doing thumbnails, which are basically Notan studies given their small size.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Love the Zen Cats! Love all your photos! Great job on the Notan! Love the painting! Your posts always make me happy! Thanks Celeste! Michael

SamArtDog said...

Your painting is wonderful. So full of graceful motion.

Thanks for including the video. A useful reminder.