Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday/Monday!

This month Quin Sweetman and I have paintings in the lobby of the NE Community Center. Though I earmarked this painting (above) as one for the exhibit, I elected to leave it out.  Sometimes, just as with painting itself, what you leave out is as important as what you put in. 

It's not always easy to get paintings to sit squarely on these hanging systems...but eventually I did it. This is just the right amount of paintings for the space. Less is more!

Quin and I ham it up for the camera (thanks for the pictures, Dave)

Last week we sketched after the art discussion meeting. It's the "meeting-after-the-meeting" and great fun. Here is what everyone brought to the meeting: Alla Prima Portland (and if you scroll to the end of the post you'll see the sketches too).

I live very close to the PCC Sylvania campus. Yesterday we went for a walk and asked if it was all right to have a look from the new library. This is the view from the 2nd floor.

Checking out the campus reminded me of my own days at School. The librarian told me there will be a cafe soon and it will be open to all. Hooray! A new place to go with my sketchbook. I'm continually grateful that I live here. :)

What have you got planned for your new week?

(Top Photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Overcast Day On the Sandy, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

9 comments:

AK said...

Lucky you. Happy painting.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Good golly, Celeste! As always, you look stunning! How do you stay so young? Love this painting; the glint on the water makes me feel as though I am standing on the bank myself. And oh if I had a job and a place to stay, I'd move out by you in a heartbeat!!

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste, enjoy your painting and all related activities. Your posts always make readers happy. Thank you very much for sharing them. Cheers, Sadami

Sheryl Anthony said...

You caught the overcast day nicely. I want to go to the library!

Helen Moreda said...

The one you left out........great notan. Looks like you were having lots of fun! Way to go.

Dave Estima said...

Good painting, I like that red!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

My turn to ask if all is well. Miss your posts.

Fresca said...

Three things I saw that look great in this post:
1. Art
2. Your hair... and,
3. That eclair! :)

Pam Huggins said...

What a terrific post! Your paintings look so lovely hanging in that space.
The sheer amount of work you have to show and share is astounding!

It's clear you love where you live and is a large part of what makes your art story so interesting.

You and Quin look awesome!!!