Friday, April 10, 2015

Weekend!

This (semi)-nocturne of the Columbia River was painted with cad yellow, naples yellow, burnt sienna, ultramarine blue and white.

......And it just so happens that the art discussion group's topic last week was about clouds. Here I am taking John Carlson's advice and sketching clouds in pencil. He says that the best way to understand anything is to observe and sketch it. Well, doh! haha. I really love sketching and I never get tired of it. That is the new Tilikum Bridge in the distance. (Tilikum translates to bridge of the people)
To see what everyone brought to the art discussion meeting....go here. Now I am off to check out your blogs..to see what you have been doing.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Rain over the River, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

13 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

This has so much mood and love in it!

hmuxo said...

This is absolutely fantastic Celeste!
Congratulations!! Love it!

Candace X. Moore said...

That is a gorgeous nocturne, Celeste. What are the dimensions? The hidden moon, and the warm light it casts, really energize the composition. I want to be there.

Libby Fife said...

A lovely piece-and with a limited palette that I like!

Sketching and drawing from life-you can't beat it:)

The new bridge sort of resembles our Bay Bridge here. Kind of fun.

L.W.Roth, said...

Love the moodiness of this one. An excellent example of knowing when to stop. The storm clouds are just enough.

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I always like your paintings, Celeste, but this is an extra jaw dropper of a painting. Such wonderful movement and mood.

Mindy said...

I REALLY like this.

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Really cool piece. The sky is magnificent

CrimsonLeaves said...

I love that nocturnal seen and the light is beautiful. I was awed when I saw it on the Alla Prima blog! Funny...they spelled Tilikum "Tillicum" when I lived in WA. LoL Different tribes maybe? You look gorgeous in this photo by the way...Best hair!

Pam Huggins said...

You WOW me every time Celeste!
I always love your beautiful art work and I really enjoy your location shots. I feel I get to know you as an artist.

Your sense of humor always shines through as well.

You are consistent, professional, funny, approachable, and beautiful.

You make this world a better place.

Helen Moreda said...

Mood says it all for me. What a powerful painting. I love it.

mary maxam said...

A stunner... and I agree with Helen, really powerful!

Margaret M. Lin said...

Wow. Beautiful painting.