Thursday, May 28, 2015

Little practice paintings (Thursday)

Our art discussion question was a good one..."challenging subjects" (things you find daunting to paint). In anticipation of the meeting I painted some quick exercises in my still life station. I chose a white bank, a copper tin and my mineral spirits container.  

The copper tin was the most vexing. I think I did pretty well, though it was definitely a challenge to get the colors right.

This mineral spirits tin has been with me from the start. It was fun to paint, and I might do a more complete version someday. 
To see what everyone else brought to the meeting....go HERE

(Oil studies) Celeste Bergin, 3 objects, oil on 6x9 canvas sheet

8 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste, Quite cute! Cheers, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

These are perfect little still lifes and you did indeed manage that copper to perfection! I was surprised to see some pink then thought seriously about it and realized you nailed it!

hmuxo said...

LOVE your copper pot!! Excellent work Celeste! And as always I enjoy the work in your workshop.

John Simlett said...

I liked Jim King's stuff particularly, but then I would wouldn't I? Your black cat looked lucky!

have a nice weekend

Helen Moreda said...

quick little paintings are often so fresh and successful. Yours certainly are! Beautiful copper.

Sheryl Anthony said...

You got that copper really right. Great job on all

Anonymous said...

Good work Celeste

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I adore the piglet - now that is a fabulous bit of painting. Seems you got on a roll....all wonderful little still life pieces.