Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday-Monday!

I took this oil sketch to art discussion last week. It is inspired by an evening I enjoyed at the Tualatin Wildlife refuge. (Pretty much everywhere you look at Tualatin Wildlife Refuge....there is a painting). I am thinking about working this up into a larger painting. 

We got to hold our meeting on the patio of O'Connors. That was different! We had to raise our voices over the hum of the air-conditioner.... but it was still fun, as always. To see what everyone brought...go HERE.

(Oil Sketch) Celeste Bergin, Early Evening Moon, Tualatin Wildlife Refuge, oil on 12x16 canvas 

7 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste, a charming work! You always enjoy painting everyday. Keep up. One day, I hope we can catch up in person!
Best wishes, Sadami

John Simlett said...

Oh I can see why you would want to bring this one on as a larger painting - it's gorgeous.

Looks like you all had a good meeting (love the boots )

CrimsonLeaves said...

Absolutely beautiful, Celeste! A perfect sun... And you are right about my needing to be more assertive. I'm just not good at it and when I try on occasion it gives rise to push back. I don't like being pushed back! LoL

Libby Fife said...

Outdoors at O'Connors. Very fun!

Your painting looks like the weather would just be perfect-nice and cool and refreshing. Just about now, I'd like to be there!

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I really love your landscape paintings. This one is moody with a perfect color scheme to achieve that goal.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Wish I could join you on that patio, it looks cool there. What a good painting!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I like your sketch (and the combat boots). I really enjoy your Thursday sessions--both the art and the comments.