Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Things that are Upcoming!


On Thursday, Sept 3 (from 6-8 pm) I'll be at Lane Gallery, celebrating "Summer's End" in a First Thursday Reception. Come join us...(the Gallery is just beautiful).

Then on Friday, Sept 4, I will be at Medley Tea for an Artist's Reception from 6-8pm. (Click the image below to enlarge the invitation). (7881 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland) 


I am hoping you will mark also your calendar for Wednesday, Sept 9. Lane Gallery is hosting "Artist Talks" and I'll be the speaker (from 6:30-7:30). The name of my talk is "Creating....Why Bother"? Have you ever wondered if creating (painting/drawing and other "by hand" pursuits) are worth it? Well, I have some well-researched theories and answers to offer.  (Click to enlarge the invitation) 2412 NW Raleigh. (....And I'll see you there). :)


(Top Photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, Dancing Clouds, oil on 12x9 canvas panel

7 comments:

Sadami said...

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ!!!!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Yes, I have wondered if creating is worth it. I get so little time for it. It seems I need at least a whole day of no other responsibilities to free up for it. And that just never happens. Maybe Sunday this weekend. I will be at loose ends. Good luck with your upcoming events, my friend.

Linda Popple said...

I always admire your work, Celeste, but also how busy you are with art! Have fun at the receptions!

Libby Fife said...

Well, I sure would like to hear your theories on creating. You know I am interested in those types of topics. How about a transcript? LOL!

Good luck with your activities. I know you will have a good time:)

Anonymous said...

What an interesting subject for your talk. I will definitely try to be there. Love the paintings

Helen Moreda said...

Dancing clouds............yes indeed. They have great movement. Good luck with your talk. I know I need to create. It is a primal sort of thing.

Aquarelles Nature said...

I would have loved to be there. Love your work.