Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday!

Last week our art discussion group talked about what makes a painting successful. It was kind of a challenging topic since we were also asked to bring in a painting that demonstrates a successful result. I brought in this painting that I did a couple of years ago in a workshop. (Funny, most of us brought work from our archives. What do we think that means?) Well, I think most people find it weird to crow about their own work. It always seems best to just let the painting do the talking. 

To see what everyone else brought go HERE 

(Painting) Celeste Bergin, Still Life, oil on 12x9 canvas panel


9 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful still life Celeste....and enjoyed seeing everyone's Art! They are SO talented!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I can see why you chose it, Celeste. A pretty spectacular painting - I also like your yellow car one. . But I feel you have so many to pick from.

Mindy said...

Love this one.

Linda Popple said...

Very nice painting! Love the red vase.

John Simlett said...

Don't think I've seen this one before.

I particularly liked the vase

mary maxam said...

This is a wonderfully successful painting. I like the way the orange flowers off set the white. Also, there is something very solid feeling about the way you've painted it. Love it

Helen Moreda said...

Just great Celeste. Your neutrals just make the color sing.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Really great, Celeste!

Sue Marrazzo said...

love your style