Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy Sunday!


I haven't quite figured out how I am going to compose my flight boots painting yet (I'm thinking)!...so in the interim (translation: while I stall haha) I painted this simple little funny toy. How can you take things too seriously when a happy little bird like this is staring back at you? 

I am grateful to my art friend David McBride who turned me onto RPS standing studio lamps. They are really lightweight and so handy. I had plenty of lamps before (mine clamped onto things mostly)...but these are just so much better. 

Now I'm off to check out my blogging friends to see what you are doing! 

(Oil Study) Celeste Bergin, Red Bird, oil on 9x 12 canvas sheet

10 comments:

mary maxam said...

I am 100% in love with this charming bird toy. Hooray for the rich paint feel and pure fun of this!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Oh boy - you know i am loving this one. A bird in any form speaks to me, but a red shiny one makes me extra happy. Love the brush work.
Thanks for the heads up on the lamps. I have to check them out.

Sadami said...

Thank you, Celeste for a lovely work and visiting. You're sensitive, caring and humorous. Best wishes, Sadami

John Simlett said...

What a bird, so perky and cheery. Your Flying Boots work should be interesting, I keep getting images of Hermes!

Lighting is an ongoing problem for me

Libby Fife said...

Good call on the lighting. Who doesn't need to see better in the studio right? And no, with cute little birds around you can't be too serious. Another good call:)

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Céleste,

Oh comme il est charmant ce petit oiseau !! Un joujou superbe ! Son petit regard espiègle me fait sourire et l'envie de redevenir enfant me guette !... Une adorable peinture remplie d'allégresse... cela fait du bien dans la vie que nous avons aujourd'hui.

Un grand merci pour votre très gentil commentaire... Je vous renouvelle mes voeux pour 2016... tout plein de joie, de bonheur et d'amour pour vous et tous ceux que vous aimez.

Gros bisous

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

Hello dear Celeste,

Oh how lovely it is this little bird !! A wonderful toy! Her little mischievous look makes me smile and feel like a child again watching me! ... An adorable painting filled with joy ... it feels good in life we have today.

A big thank you for your very nice comment ... I renew my wishes for 2016 ... full of joy, happiness and love to you and all those you love.

big kisses

--------------
(Thanks, Martine)!

susan putnam- jensen said...

Sometimes it's just fun for me to set up an object or two and draw it or paint it . The colors in your little bird are great. Thanks for posting. Susan

Lisa Graham Art said...

This little bird just captures the heart!

Helen Moreda said...

Cheerful and fun. Thank you!