Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Weekend!

This is one of those scenes where you just have to go with what is there. All I had was a bunch of bushes....but luckily the sun came out really strong and lit it up. It's just a practice piece, but I wound up pleased with it. I took it to the art discussion meeting recently because the subject was backlighting (or rim lighting). To see what everyone else brought go HERE. (Additional other weeks HERE and HERE)  Have you been busy painting?

(Painting) Celeste Bergin, Sun-struck, oil on 12x9 canvas panel

5 comments:

Sheryl Anthony said...

Been patiently waiting for your new post. I will remember to paint what it there in the future. It worked out well here.

Helen Moreda said...

Lovely painting. Great movement in your lights!

Julie Ford Oliver said...

What a gorgeous piece.
It is a great reminder to push the contrasts because the light in this is what gives me the emotional reaction.
Missed your posts so good to see you back with the group. I enjoy going to the link and seeing what everyone has done. Nice variety by good artists.

Lisa Graham Art said...

This is lovely Celeste. I love the big chunky stokes and of course your colors are always perfectly done. xo

hmuxo said...

This is SO beautiful Celeste. I visited your group and there work is amazing as well!